Friday, April 8, 2016

How I Edit My Instagram Pictures

Hey Ya'll! Today I will be showing you my tips and tricks on how I edit my Instagram pictures using Afterlight!
 
Afterlight as an IPhone app is $0.99. It is my picture editing of choice and I'm going to take you all step by step as to how I use it to edit a picture!
 
*As a disclaimer, I do not have an "Instagram theme", I edit my pictures differently depending on the picture, I will just be showing you how I edit one based off what I think it needs to look good*
 
So the first think I do is take a picture (obviously), and this one is from my free birthday lunch at a local restaurant called Joe's BBQ.

 



 
 
Then I go in and open Afterlight.



 
 
 
 
So here I will be flipping the image so it's straight.
 
 
I then go in and start playing around with different effects, I typically use clarify, contrast, saturation, exposure, high lights, and shadows to try and make it brighter and bolder.

 
 
 
 
 
 
For this image I went it with the  vignette effect to try and make the food more appetizing and then followed with the sharpening effect.

 
 
 
I think that looks pretty good! Now it's time to save! They also give you the option of posting from the app to your social media.


 
 
 
 
 
Simple as that! Afterlight it fun and easy to use but is also a great app for editing pictures for Instagram!
 
xo Katelyn

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome advice. Often times I wonder how people get such crystal clear photos and I usually have to remind myself that they use editing apps. The thing with most editing apps, however, is that the photos tend to look overly edited and nearly fake! Afterlight is a very professional looking editor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl! You would have totally lost me if it wasn't for your good description and pictures. I had no idea you could even edit pictures on Instagram. Then again I've only been on it one time. I really like how you actually did step by step and added pictures to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete