Friday, April 8, 2016

Blogging As A Career

We live in the internet age, and a generation where blogging is a legitimate career.
As stated in my little get to know me bio, I am very interested in creating a fashion and lifestyle blog. So i threw together some facts and points about being a blogger and how it is a legitimate career choice! enjoy!
According to Webster’s Dictionary, a blog is defined as:
a website containing a writer’s or group of writers’ own experiences,observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other websites.
In its simplest form, blogging is basically writing on  website. No specific educated is needed to be a blogger. However, the knowledge of how to work with computer, take photographs and/or videos, and how to write code can be very beneficial to creating a successful blog.
There are many ways to make money from being a blogger: Companies can pay a blogger to run an ad on their blog; companies can pay a blogger to speak about the company or companies products; some companies even hire bloggers as freelance work to write for their company’s website. Another way bloggers make money, is to works at a corporate job as a writer, whether it be an editorial job or managing the company website.
The salary range for a blogger is quite wide. a blogger starting out can make no money to around minimum wage, and a very successful blogger can make up to million’s a year.
I plan to develop my writing skills in hopes to create a successful blog. My family is a very technologically advanced family, with my dad and uncles working in IT department for different companies, as well as once owning their own technology company. I hope to contact local companies and network with them to get my blog off the ground. I also plan to use social media to market my blog to friends and family in hopes for more traffic.
I am very interested in blogging as a career, I hope that I will be able to do so successfully!

xo Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so great that you know the direction you want to go. It seems like you have done your research and have really thought out the positives and negatives of fashion blogging. It also is great to have technologically advanced family members who can help you out with the IT side of things.

    ReplyDelete